Who are Davan Caravans Ltd?
Davan was started in 1936 by Bert Davies and are proud to be a leading caravan and motorhome dealer within the UK. Providing vehicle servicing, awnings and accessories from our forecourt and showrooms located in Worle, Weston-Super-Mare.
Safeguard of information
Here at Davan Caravans Ltd we are committed to the safeguarding and privacy of our website and service users.
The policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the collection of personal information that it receives through our website, Davan club card and sales departments. This means we determine the purpose and means of the processing of the personal data we collect.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to Davan Caravans Ltd, Goosey Lane, St. Georges, Weston-super-Mare, BS22 7XA. Alternatively, you can telephone 01934 510606
We regularly review our security standards and processed to help prevent unauthorised access to personal information, improper user or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
How do we collect personal information?
These are the main ways we collect your information:
- If you contact us directly via our website or telephone to request information about our products or services
- If you reply to our direct marketing campaigns
- If, with your permission, your contact details are transferred from third parties.
- If your vehicle data is transferred to Davan Caravans Ltd if you are having your vehicle serviced or repaired
- When you apply for finance from Black Horse to purchase a motor home or caravan.
- When you sign up to our membership club
- Obtaining record of sale from a motorhome or caravan purchase
- Through an online shop order
- When you sign up to a Davan Caravans Ltd service plan on behalf of AutoProtect Foresight Service Plan
- During in-house sales we will take card payment through ‘Payment Sense’ or a card machine where relevant personal information is stored for Davan Caravans Ltd finical records and yours.
- During sale of a motorhome, details will be passed onto with your consent, the DVLA to complete the registration or your motor vehicle.
- If a printed number plate is required, you must bring your driving licence or proof of identity and your vehicle registration document as certain information needs to be recorded and securely stored by law.
What personal information may be collected?
The following types of personal information about you may be collected:
- Phone numbers
- Email address
Other information including:
- Vehicle data — service and repair history, registration details, etc.
- Customer history
- Online behaviour
How might we use your personal information?
The main uses of your information are:
- Customer Support and Marketing - to respond to enquiries and to bring you news and offers.
- Some contact forms on Davan.co.uk incorporate privacy controls which affect how we process your personal data. By using the privacy control, you can specify if you would like to receive direct marketing from Davan Caravans Ltd on behalf of Constant Contact – a third party email marketing software.
- Information collected by a contact form is used to reply to your enquiry and is not passed on to a third party without your consent except where required to do so by law. This information is securely stored until it is no longer needed.
- If you have provided consent to receive direct marketing emails from Davan Caravans Ltd your information will be stored within our Constant Contact account and only be accessible by Davan Caravans Ltd. Your information will not be used for any other purpose.
- Davan Caravans Ltd and Red Thread Creative, our website developers, may process data about your use of our website through your consent of cookies. This data may include your IP address, geographical location, operating system, browser type / version, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics. This data is processed and analysed for the purpose of improving our website and services.
- Vehicle Sales & Service — to process your sale, and service your vehicle
- Davan Caravans Ltd will obtain and store contact details, vehicle details, sales and services information when you purchase, service or repair a vehicle from or with us as part of the sale or service on ‘Catalyst’ our retail system will use it to provide the services you request and notify you of issues in relation to your vehicle.
- This information may be shared with third parties including the vehicle manufacturer, supplier, insurance and registration companies. This is part of a contractual obligation and is part of the sales process, failure to provide personal data may prevent the completion of sale.
- Information collected for the use of service plans is stored with ‘AutoProtect Foresight Service Plan’ and will only be accessible by employees of Davan Caravans Ltd who hold an account and AutoProtect when required for the use of technical queries.
- Number plate printing requires us to record and store your driving license details or / proof of identity and details from your vehicle registration document.
- Vehicle Finance — to assess your eligibility for finance
- Davan Caravans Ltd will share personal information with Black Horse when requested by you, the buyer to help them decide whether to offer you finance. Using information about you in this way is necessary for Black Horse to make the decision and if you do not provide it to us we may not be able to offer you finance.
Use of Third Parties
Personal information which we collect may only be transferred to third parties on your behalf, only with your consent. This is shared through a secure manner, using consistent security protocol. Third parties are not allowed to abuse your personal data and must only be used for the purpose it was collected.
Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to cancel your service plan and be removed from ‘AutoProtect Foresight Service Plan’ at any time. Please be aware that costs may be involved.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Davan Caravans holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected through the ‘Freedom of Information Act 2000’. Please address requests to:
Data Protection Officer,
Davan Caravans Ltd,